Post #35 - Happy Birthday (Eve) Jay!

I spent the majority of the morning/afternoon at Peet's again. I like this Peet's (at the District) - its sunny, airy, and the baristas are so nice! I got there around 1030am, and the place was packed! I kept wondering what all these people do- are they working from home? are the unemployed also? I settled down into a spot and once again, job searched. 

Later in the evening we celebrated Jay's birthday eve with dinner at Shik Do Rak. YUmmm. Talk about food coma though- the huge dinner as well as my damper mood kinda made it an early night for me. 

I had a brief chat with a friend last night, and like he said, one of the advantages of being older than me is that he can provide me with really good insight to most situations.  What I took away from the convo was that I need to learn to chill out a little, to take life as it comes- I should take this time to enjoy life, stay in touch with friends, maybe travel a little, all while looking for a job. I can't let this keep me down. No more Debbie Downer mood. :) Thank you Ken. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment