So since I have insurance for a few more weeks, I decided to go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I loved my previous dentist, but since they do not accept HMOs, I had to find a new one to go to. I picked a dentist via my insurance website...young guy, graduated from USC. BAD CHOICE. My appointment was at 2pm. I didn't get into the chair for xrays until 2:30pm. The dental assistant must have been new because it took her 100000 tries to get the 18 xrays and the machine positioned correctly, all while the xrays are poking at my gums. She had to have another assistant come in to help her. It took her about 40 minutes to do xrays. Next, I move to another room and sit there for another 15 minutes. The dentist comes in...doesn't small chat with me, exams my teeth for about 10 minutes, does the cleaning and leaves. The dental hygienist came in next to polish my teeth. She was actually very nice, but the polish they used tasted like prunes! Yuck! She didn't even floss for me! When she was done, she did not offer me water or anything to rinse. Instead, I rinsed my mouth with some water I had in my car and spit it out in the parking lot. My old dentist chatted with me, thoroughly cleaned my teeth, had strawberry polish and I was STILL in and out of the office in about 45 minutes.
When I left, the receptionist said "See you in 6 months!".....I don't think so. No cavities though! :D

2 comments:
oo you should totally go to the dentist i go to when i'm in so cal. My sis is an office manager for a dentist office. he's great! you even get to watch a movie while you're in the chair, with headphones so you're totally in the zone. in and out in no time!
oh yea! and u chose someone from USC. tsk tsk* my sis' boss went to UCLA :) go bruins!
Post a Comment