Post #266- Miserable


HOW do I get another earache?!?

I woke up miserable this morning. My left ear was throbbing in pain and I could barely hear out of it because the insides were so swollen.

I still went to work and managed to get an appointment with an EN&T doctor at 1:30pm. Suffered through the whole morning semi-deaf.

THe doctor said it was something in between and ache and an infection, whatever that means. May sound gross, but he stuck this thing in my ear and cleaned it out. Apparantly, the root of my problem is, get this, that my ears do not produce enough earwax. Here is your health lesson of the day- The acidity from earwax balances out moisture from the air. Without enough earwax, the moisture turns into bacteria, leading to an infection. Also, he told me not to stick q-tips in your ears- the biggest cause for infections.

So, my ears were too clean. Go figure.

So, a $40 copay and $35 of meds later....I feel 10000x better. Poorer, but better.

Gross entry huh? =P

0 comments:

Post a Comment