Talk about shocking. Today I became part of the 9.3% California unemployment rate.
After hearing the news and dealing with every emotion possible- mad, sad, happy, relieved, guitly...I headed back to Irvine and had sushi and drinks with Nolan. I forget how much fun daytime drinking is.
After some beer, sake, and martinis, we decided to roam around target. Check out this awesomeness.. Valentine's Day Bears or Puppies? Nope! Valentines Day HEDGEHOGS!
We took them for a spin around Target, but had to put them aside at the registers. Also picked up some mini fruit rollups, or as I like to call them...baaaaaaby fruit roll ups. They have tongue tattoos on them.
I think now what I have left to do is kind of figure out what the heck I'm going to do next. SF? LA? Shoot, I don't even know. Ideally my future does lie in SF, but I also feel like I haven't given SoCal a long enough chance...about 1.5 years I've been here. Is that long enough? I'm not sure. I guess I will have to see what my options are, and see what will come up first. Right now I am just trying to keep my spirits up. Thanks for the crummy economy America.
If anyone hears of anything in the retail industry that would possibly be of interest to me, please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. :)


3 comments:
head up lauren! perhaps a blessing in disguise :)
everything will be ok... don't leave me! those hedgehogs are sooo cute!
Ah! Good luck Lauren!
Post a Comment