As I have been in a slump the past week or two, a good friend of mine sent me a list of quotes that totally reached out to me. My favorite of the bunch:
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
This definitely speaks to me in volumes. I'm not sure if its the routine "post SF sadness" that's getting to me, the lingering effects of recent gossip, or the quick approach of possible changes to my life. I feel like you can learn a lot about yourself and others from the past, but at the same time you shouldn't judge someone based on what they've done in the past. Or should you? I have a love/hate relationship with the past. Sure, I've made a lot of mistakes and used poor judgment at time...but who hasn't? The mistakes and experiences we have hidden away make us the individuals we are today. Sometimes I wish that we should drop the past, and start over. It's hard to ignore someone's past, but keeping secrets almost always hurts even more.
On a brighter note, we decided to take advantage of warm summer nights and visited the OC Fair again tonight. The Pacific Symphony was performing "The Sounds of Disney"- tickets were affordable and included fair admission, so we decided to try something new. Turned out to be another awesome night...nostalgic Disney tunes, fair food, fair games, a bottle of Crown, great company, and.....a new pig! :)
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

0 comments:
Post a Comment