Post #207- The Journey South


Sigh. Last day in SF. :(

I had lunch at home with my Mom and Dad- nothing like good ol home cookin from Mom :)

Pig & I started the journey back down to Irvine around 2pm- got stuck in some minor traffic in the Gilroy area due to the Garlic Festival. Thankfully, it was only about a half hour delay. We made a pit stop at Casa de Fruta as well. I had never been there before...it was a fruit stand on steroids! Lots of fresh fruits to chose from as well as dried fruits and nuts and a wide variety of other specialty foods (jams, saucuse, dressings, etc). I picked up some of my favorite fruits- rainier cherries, mangos, and plums. Can't wait to eat them :)

Arrived back in Irvine around 10pm. Back to warm summer nights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment