Post #205- Friday Funday!



Took advantage of the day off to have lunch with some friends. Had some yummy Hawaiian Poke and Sweet Potato Fries at Pacific Catch. After lunch we took a stroll through GG Park, the botanical "garden" (which was really maybe the size of a bedroom), saw the ourside of the new Academy of Science and the exterior of the DeYoung Museum. I only wish we had time to actually go IN- I have yet to see the new Academy.
Late dinner with Pig and his family at Chez Panisse for his Mom's birthday. I had never been there, but as a repeat on Bay Area Top 100 restaurant for the past few years, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Definitely was not disaapointed- everything was delicious! I had no one favorite course because they were all so good- the ingredients were fresh, the flavors were perfect, and the service and timing were superb. Definitely recommend this retaurant- it's jumped to the top of my favorite restaurants and I would definitely like to try their other menus. We got a seat right next to the open kitchen, and it was pretty cool to see the chefs work. 

Due to a late dinner, we didn't get back to the city until almost 12:30am. Figured it was too late to meet up with homies at Sutra, so we just curled up on the couch and watched some TV until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Today was a good day. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment